CRAFT: CATCH-A-BUG GAME
Note: Have an adult cut the bottom off of a plastic creamer bottle and punch four holes
near cut edge of bottle equal distance apart and ½ inch below cut edge..
1. Using colored tape make stripe around bottle.
2. Cut 12 three-inch lengths of yarn for “bug” legs. Place one drop of white glue on
1” pom-pom and lay middle of three strands of yarn across glue to make “bug” legs.
Repeat for each “bug”.
2. Using white glue make a face on each “bug” with wiggle eyes and tiny pom-poms.
3. Cut four 10-inch strands of yarn. Thread one strand on large needle and knot end of
yarn. Note: You may need adult help with this step. Push needle through pom-pom
starting in middle of legs and pushing up through the head. Pull yarn through until knot
stops on bottom of bug.
4. Push needle through hole to inside of bottle. Remove needle and double knot free end
of yarn. Repeat with all “bugs”.
With “bugs” dangling on outside of bottle, hold bottle by neck and try to toss bugs into
opening at the top. It’s not as easy as it looks. Count 5 points for each bug you catch.